Sunday, April 19, 2009

Right and Wrong


One day while putting one of my twins girls shoes on, I asked, "Which foot is this?".
And she replied, "I don't no mommy".
And I, holding her foot and tieing the laces, said, "This is your right foot".
Then I commenced to putting the other shoe on and asked, "So which foot is this?"
She looked into my eyes with a broad smile on her face, because she knew this answer or so she thought, she said proudly, "My wrong foot!"
Of course I couldn't help but smile and tried to refrain from laughing , after all the times of me saying no that is the wrong foot when she struggled to put her shoes on the wrong feet. And perhaps what I did next might of not been the right thing to do, but she just seemed so happy that she thought she knew the answer, I said excitedly, "Yep you got it right, I'm so proud of you!" So for a long time my twin girls had a right foot and a wrong foot.
So what does hickchic think...I think that I might of made a mistake because they never have been able to grasp the concept of right and left and now that they are teens, it really comes back to bite me when they are driving the car! So parents out there, if your toodler says something really cute and you are like, "awwwww" tell them, nope your wrong and give them the right answer. But then I could always tell the girls, turn right up here, or turn wrong at the next light!
and that is just what hickchic thinks....
:) smiles

6 comments:

  1. LOL Good lesson tolearn. I to this very day raise myleft and right hand to figure out which is which! Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha!!! i REMEMBER THAT!!
    =]
    i still dont have a clue which one is left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also left and right disabled, I know my directions though in the dark most of the time, north, south, etc. Anyway I think about writing to get the left and right thing down too, I was left handed though till they changed me and I think it screwed EVERYTHING up!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx TC for your comment...I to think I was left handed but that it bothered my dad that I was and perhaps my teachers. And I think this cuz when I started batting, I wanted to bat left handed and again my dad wouldn't let me bat that way. I seem to do a lot of things left handed and can even write with either although with the left hand not quite as legible. I think it would be interesting to figure out why some ppl just can't get the left and right thing down, wearing a watch is what helped me finally get it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So touching. It's nice to have these memories written down to reflect on years from now. I like your material. Will follow.
    www.myweathervane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx Rae, much appreciate your thoughts! I visited your blog and have to say you have a great way with words, very well written. I tried to leave a comment on your twitter blog, but it wasn't showing that it got posted...what can I say I be new at all this and hope I get credit for trying...cuz I tried twice! And for the record, I could never twitter...my granny always said I could talk the most bout nothin she'd ever heard...I am sure she meant that as a compliment...So hickchic thinks she be too long winded to twitter!

    ReplyDelete