Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Red Bud






































Awww, the beautiful Red Bud! This is my mom's favorite tree. Many years ago I transplanted some of these glorious trees on the hillside for my mom, so she could look out her family room window and gaze upon their beauty at her leisure. This is a pic of a hillside that is covered with Red Buds. I took this yesterday evening, on my way back home from town. I am hoping to get a good pic, blow it up, and frame it for my mom for Mother's Day. I wasn't satisfied with really any of the ones I took yesterday and plan in my busy day today of running my girls to school club activities, and then getting one back home in time to get dressed and ready for a military ball with her boy friend. As I pulled off the side of the road to take these pics, the neighbors across the street kept their eyes upon me, to make sure I wasn't up to no mischief. Hickchic thinks perhaps they will grow tired of watching me as I continue to stop till I get the perfect picture.

Plz vote for your favorite pic of the Red Bud. I am planning to blow one of the pics up and make a frame and give to my mother for Mother's day. Much thx for your opinions!







5 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about the Red Bud tree, they are so beautiful. Thanks for posting the photos.
    Have a great weekend,
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all ,but my favorites are the first, forth, and the last one. Not much help huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning,
    I have an award for you. Come to my photo blog at http://thrusquirreleyes.blogspot.com/
    to pick it up.
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet of you to do that for your mom, planting all those for her, i like the fourth one. Wishing you the best of luck on getting the perfect one for her picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. =)
    I love those trees.

    NanNan is going to love it =D

    ReplyDelete