Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Family, When I was Little

After writing my last blog, I thought that it might be a good idea for me to tell a little family history...I have one older brother by 2 yrs and one older sister by 1 yr and 1 day. People always thought my sister and I were twins and because our birthdays were only a day apart, we always celebrated them together, usually on hers cuz it came first. Anywho my sister was the motherly one and also the cry baby. My brother was the tattletale. And my mother often referred to me as her "Joy Child". But I suppose you could say of the three of us, I was the most responsible one of the bunch. In other words, if something ever happened that we would be in trouble for, I was usually the one responsible for it. I often broke things, cuz I was a clutz. I had a unique way of turning what my parents said around till it would be alright for us to do something. Like the time we wanted to meet two of our friends half way to our house and then walk with them the rest of the way to our home. But mom said no that it was getting ready to rain and she didn't want us to get wet. So I talk my sister into goin anyways by reasoning that if it did start to rain we all could find shelter from the rain in the drain tile and we would wait the rain out there and would not get wet. It made sense to me and to my sister. And yes it did start to rain and yes we did stay in the drain tile till it quit, then we all walked to our house. Welp, it turned out mom didn't see things like I did and she sent our friends home and we received a spanking and got grounded. But because my sister was older and should of known better she always got punished worse. So, hickchic thinks....that you would of thought that my sister would of learned not to listen to me but I just had a way with making things sound reasonable.
:) smiles

4 comments:

  1. shouldn't your Lovely Twin daughters be included in the family blog? =] **winkwink**
    Love ya mom, you know, we did throw you your own birthday that one type, =] all my friends came and we had fun didnt we?
    **SMILES**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest twin daughter, the blog the fam is bout when I was young and you were not born yet but you know my life didn't truely begin until you were born...and yes that was one of my most memborable bithdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Hello twins! Nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Hickchic just sees things differently in life...I like the responsible comment! Sassy

    ReplyDelete