Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Girls Are Growing Up


This has been a very busy summer, so far. My twins are in the Upward Bound program and take college courses and stay at the dorm during the week. And now through their MPower program the days they aren't at Upward Bound, they are working now. Their first jobs, it's so hard to believe that they are growin up on me. They will be seniors this comin school year.

The Upward Bound program has given me a taste of the empty nest syndrome and I don't like it. But as parents we have to do what is right for our children and push them out the doors, if necessary, to begin their lives as adults. They stay at the college from Monday at 7 pm till Friday's at noon.

They have opened their first checkin accounts too and momma be teachin them bout balancin a checkbook and savin money.

Yep, they are growin up....and it is so hard to believe. The vision of them, my babies, is still so fresh in my mind and seems like it was just yesterday. And we have had a blessed life thus far and so many joyful memories and much laughter as you can tell from my blogs bout my girls.

Oh their first jobs. They are workin at a theater where they perform plays and they love it!

So far they have helped mostly with props and preparing the stage for the next production.

So the driving thing is not goin so good with them, which leaves me driving them to college and work and stayin busy, which I like. The days they are gone, I have a huge list of things to do to keep me busy, while they are gone spreading their wings.

To my girls...Fly high, soar, and glide with the winds!

Hickchic thinks....that we must adapt with the cycle of life, cuz there are always new memories to look forward too...

5 comments:

  1. It is hard to let go but sounds like are on the right track. They may grow up but in our hearts they are still those little babies we held in our arms. That will never change no matter how old they get. My son is 37 and I still picture him as a infant. Time goes by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 34, talk about empty nest, but she and the kids will be back in a couple days to spend the night and the other one too and we can make more memories and remember old ones. I can still see toddlers when I look @ them and picture the 5'8" grandson as a fat fat baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does go by so quickly...I so look forward to the grandkids! For now I play with my sister's grandkids, then send them home...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do grow up fast, mine just turned nineteen. In college, working and just got a checking account.
    It just seems like yesterday she was asking me to "push higher" on the swing.
    Oh my, I suddenly feel really old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes SQ I agree, it's much too fast...sounds like u r just a little bit ahead of me...my girls being 17 and seniors this yr..One of the twins wants to go off to a college...I fully encourage her too but do so dread it...but be the cycle of life and doin the right things for them...
    I tend to purposely forget my age...even had to be corrected just before my bday...and told them thx alot now I will be two yrs older on my bday!

    ReplyDelete